2016 marked Open AIR’s most significant leap thus far.
Our Annual Report, “From Project to Partnerships” highlights just some of our most significant accomplishments. During the year, we have:
- Integrated new members into the network’s leadership structures and research activities, especially in the areas of innovation policy, management, and economics;
- Implemented the planned new governance structure through regular Steering Committee meetings to set milestones and timelines;
- Invested in new systems and tools to facilitate effective and efficient management of complex, international, empirical research;
- Held engaging workshops, meetings, and/or events at all of Open AIR’s institutional hubs – in North, East, West and Southern Africa, and in Canada;
- Empowered new and emerging researchers through unique research and international experiences in the fields of innovation and intellectual property;
- Produced draft papers and working papers establishing conceptual frameworks and baseline literature reviews for each of Open AIR’s four core research themes;
- Solicited, reviewed, discussed, and approved 20 new high-potential case studies across our research themes;
- Continued to witness outcomes of Open AIR’s previous research, including impacts on national and international policymakers, as well as researchers; and
- Continued to build a solid foundation to mobilise Open AIR’s insights into practice through a cutting-edge website, an active social media presence, and ongoing communications and outreach.
Read the full Annual Report below or download a PDF of the report.